Parent Core Length Range
- 5' to 14' (available in 1 foot increments).
- Note that core diameters under 3" limit machine length.
Core Diameter Range
- 3" I.D. to 13" O.D.
- With options, range can be expanded down to 1" I.D. & up to 26" O.D.
- 1/4" to 5/8" (includes .660" cores).
- With options, range can be expanded down to 1/8" and up to 3/4". For heavier walls, contact Appleton Mfg. Division.
Cut Length Range
- Minimum cut determined by core integrity (typically equal to wall thickness).
- Reference standard cut length in chart under Layout tab.
- Note optional extended target for longer cut lengths.
Cut Length Tolerance
- +/-0.010"(3 sigma).
- 3 phase electrical power. 15-25 amp circuit required depending on options.
- 80 psi plant air. 1 scfm @ 50 cuts/minute, (cut rate, operator and core dependent).
- For core wall thickness below 1/4" (prevents expansion of thin wall core I.D.).
- Permits cut core lengths up to extended cut length column in chart (see Layout tab).
Large Core Diameter
- Extends diameter capacity up to 26" O.D.
Additional Support Rollers
- Permits core diameters down to 1" I.D.
- A variety of options that match the cut to your materials.
Electrical System Controls
- Motor starters, control voltage transformers and power disconnects are included. Customer specified components or locations optional.
Patented IDC (Instant Diameter Change) Mandrel System
Appleton's patented IDC mandrel system provides a multiple core diameter capability with a single mandrel and interchangeable cartridges. See the IDC web page for more details.
Automated Core Handling
Systems to load and unload your parent and cut cores. See our Appleton Automation™ web page for more details.
Auto Indexing Knife
Rotates the knife 3/16" on the circumference automatically at operator preset number of cuts. Provides 40 knife positions for uniform cut quality and extended blade life.
LCD read-out of target position (cut length) for consistent settings between operators.
- Simply Automated – Cores are automatically advanced, automatically cut. You only need to set the target length.
- Energy Saving – Every Appleton core cutter features an auto-shutoff that turns off the cutter when left unattended, eliminating unnecessary energy costs while minimizing wear on moving cutter parts. As always, workers are safer when unattended machinery is not running.
- Intelligent Control – The PLC control panel features push-button simplicity with an LCD screen that displays prompts and operator input. The PLC captures and displays run data and system status, making productivity ever so easy to measure. It also prompts operators when the hydraulic filter needs service.
- Precise Cuts - The hydraulically fixed knife cuts to within +/-0.010 inch of the targeted length. Special hydraulic valving provides cut-rate control to match cutting speed to the material properties.
- Clean Polished Cuts – Special cutting hardware produces smooth cuts without melting edges on plastic tubing or overheating adhesives on tapes. The fixed knife of the A400 makes clean, burnished cuts while generating virtually no dust.
- Installation and Training – Professional installation and training services are readily available from skilled technicians with years of core cutter experience.
Appleton - Superior Support since 1948
The A400 also comes with an outstanding promise of support. If you should need technical assistance, service or replacement parts, Appleton will be there for you. Appleton still provides parts and service for core cutters built over 60 years ago – you can be assured our tradition of superior support will bring long-term value to your Appleton core cutter investment.