Parent Core Length Range
Core Diameter Range
- 1" I.D. to 11" O.D.
- 1-1/4" with 6" knife.
- For thicker walls, contact Appleton Mfg. Division.
Cut Length Range
- Minimal cut determined by product integrity.
- Maximum length: 60".
Cut Length Tolerance
- +/-0.015". Tolerance may be affected by medium/material being cut.
- 3 phase electrical power. 15-25 amp circuit required depending on options.
- 80 psi plant air. 6 scfm @ 60 cuts/minute, (cut rate, operator and core dependent).
4 Different Cutting Modes
- Slicing Knife – Limited knife rotation produces slicing action, ideal for materials that slit well, like fiber cores, without layered adhesives.
- Powered Knife – Driven knife rotates opposite of material for fast cutting action. Material speed can be varied and spray lubricant/coolant added along with blade wipers.
- Free-Wheeling Knife – Knife is driven by product to create a score cut. Lubricant/coolant and blade wipers prevent overheating adhesives or materials.
- Controlled-Wheeling Knife – Knife rotation is controlled to slowly rotate against turning material, resulting in slicing action. Lubricant/coolant and blade wipers prevent overheating adhesives or materials.
- LCD read-out of target position (cut length) for consistent settings between operators.
- A variety of options that match the cut to your materials.
Electrical System Controls
- Motor starters, control voltage transformers and power disconnects are included. Customer specified components or locations optional.
- Spray Cooling – A unique spray system for cleaners, lubricants or coolants is integrated into the cutting head system. The guard system and wiping pads help contain and collect the spray.
- Blade Honing – A hone is built into the blade guard to facilitate periodic manual blade dressing.
- Energy Saving – Every Appleton core cutter features an auto-shutoff that turns off the cutter when left unattended, eliminating unnecessary energy costs while minimizing wear on moving cutter parts. As always, workers are safer when unattended machinery is not running.
- Intelligent Control – The PLC control panel features push-button simplicity with an LCD screen that displays prompts and operator input. The PLC captures and displays run data and system status, making productivity ever so easy to measure. It also prompts operators when the hydraulic filter needs service.
- Installation and Training – Professional installation and training services are readily available from skilled technicians with years of core cutter experience.
Appleton - Superior Support since 1948
The A400T also comes with an outstanding promise of support. If you should need technical assistance, service or replacement parts, Appleton will be there for you. Appleton still provides parts and service for core cutters built over 60 years ago – you can be assured our tradition of superior support will bring long-term value to your Appleton core cutter investment.